Sunday, October 14, 2012

My trip to England


Hi readers!
In my second post I want to write about my trip to England this summer. Last year I won a grant of The Basque Government to go to England, to learn more English. I'm sure that everybody knows where is England but if somebody doesn't know that England is part of The United Kingdom (UK) in Great Britain.

I went to a small town (for them, because it has 40.000 inhabitants and my town has less than the half 18.000) called Exmouth. It is a port town and seaside resort in East Devon, sited on the east bank of the mouth of the River Exe. It is a pretty town with very nice people and enough shops. And more important, it is very near of Exeter, a city that is great for spending time: it has a bowling alley, historical monuments like a big cathedral... and also is great for shopping.



We went a basque group formed by 30 people, we all went with the scholarship. We were led by two leaders: one was from Anoeta and the other form Gasteiz.

 

Sea walk

In Exmouth we stayed in a host family, but I changed family three times. I stayed in the first house two weeks. The house was far away from the centre of the town but they provided me with a bus pass. The family was very funny and friendly. The bad point was that while I was there, they had to go on holidays, so, they changed me into another family. The second family, if you can name it like this, was formed by a fat old woman. The house was the dirtiest house I have ever been in! It was insufferable! All the house was covered by spiderwebs and the floor by her dog’s hair. There was food discarded in the kitchen and her cut nails were in the living room. She had all the house covered by dust, including two vacuums that she had! It was like staying in a haunted house! Fortunately, they changed me from family after staying 5 days in hell. The third and last family was simply fantastic.



In the morning I woke up by 7:30 (AM, XD), I had a shower, and I went to have breakfast. Then, I returned to my room and I played with my iPad. After, I went to the Mountlands language school by 9 AM. We stayed there for three hours and then, by 12 AM, we went to the main square, Strand. There we had the smallest lunch ever, the packed lunch. It was composed by a mini sandwich, a juice, and by a very hard apple. You can't think how hard it was. In the afternoon we did different activities, such as going to the pool, playing golf, playing different games, going bowling... And on Saturday we had a whole day activity.



I did a lot of new friends with whom I still keep in touch. This summer was a gorgeous summer!


                                  




You can comment below telling me your experience of this summer!


3 comments:

  1. Your post is very interesting! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a nice article Izadi!!
    Good done:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy with 'simply fantastic.' Hope you are well.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete